Possibly the swiftest route to your roots.
Irish genealogy website directory.
Inch Graveyard, Co. Tipperary
1. A horizontal slab in an old church having an 8 pointed cross with emblem of passion on either side of the shaft and a skull and cross bones on the foot. The inscription runs along the base at one side. This is the tomb of Roger Fogarty - first of Killaghagan and later of Fishmoyne who died 1710.
2. Altar tomb in graveyard. To memory of Rev. James Purcell, born at Drominagleigh (Ballycahill) in 1785, and died PP of Clerihan on 9th Dec. 1839. (Also) Rev. Thomas Purcell, his nephew, born in 1814 at Mealiff and died at Garrynamona (Ballycahill) on 6th Nov. 1840.
3. Horizontal slab in old church. "Here lies the body of Rev. James Fogarty PP of Hospital who departed this life March 14th 1792, aged 47." Lower down is - "Here lie the bodies of Philip Fogarty, late of Longfordpass, and Mary Fogarty alias Quinlan his wife, and Charles Fogarty their son. Erected 17 Aug. 1786". Lower in smaller lettering in:- "Erected by Charles Fogarty of Longfordpass in memory of his father Philip who died 1826".
4. Horizontal slab in old church: - "Here lies the body of Roger Fogarty who died 8th June 1801 aged 52".
5. Horizontal sandstone slab with very large crude and uneven lettering. "Here lieth the body of Miles Bourke and William Bourke and Miles Bourke who died 1742/3". (Bourkes of Barracurra).
6.1. "Here lies Thomas Purcell of Dovea and his wife Laetitia daughter of Edw. Shanahan of Rathmoy and their grandsons, Thomas and James by Catherine and James Miller of Annefield, who erected to their memory this monument in 1810. God rest them. Amen"
6.2. Elizabeth Fogarty of Dovea died 1800, aged 61.
6.3. Mgt. Fogarty of Liscrea to her brother Michael, who d. 1848; to her brother Dan d. 1849; to her sister Mary d. 1834.
7. "Here lies the body of Philip Fogarty of Bouladuff who dept his life 20 Dec 1790, aged 43. Also his father John Fogarty and Ellen Fogarty alias Shanahan, who died at an advanced age.
8. Daniel Fogarty died 6th April 1775, aged 84 (all these in old church). In graveyard is a modern enclosure with Cross announcing it is tomb of Fogarty family [erected by Fr. McGurk].
9. Stone to John Fogarty, Annefield, died 1883. Also Tim Fogarty of Fishmoyne died 1827, aged 28: and his brother Pat Fogarty of Inch died 1841aged 32 or 52: and his brother Tom Fogarty of Fishmoyne died 1841 or 1849 aged 56.
- Original source